The Friends’ bookstore is located on the lower level of the Library and sells gently used items at great prices The Book Cellar is open Monday and Tuesday 10am-7pm and Wednesday and Thursday 10am-4pm. Items for sale include books by today’s most popular authors for adults, children and young adults. Browse our selection of Audio Books, music CD’s and DVD’s. We also have puzzles. Whenever you visit the library please feel free to ask a volunteer about visiting the Book Cellar. Proceeds from all sales help support the Roaring Spring Community Library. Stop by and check out the selection!
We welcome your donations of the following items;
- Hardback and paperback books
- Audio Books
- Music CD’s
- Craft magazines less than 2 years old
- Art prints
- Coffee Table or Local History Books
Unfortunately we are unable to accept:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Encyclopedias or textbooks
- Health book published more than 2 years ago
- Computer Software, business and travel guides published more than 2 years ago
- Music Cassettes
- Audio Book Cassettes
- VHS or “home-made” or “burned” DVDs, CDs or computer software
*While we appreciate donations we ask that you check the books for mold and mildew, wetness and water damage, stains, colored or written on pages, torn, missing pages or ripped off covers, and other damages including but not limited to bugs and animal damage.
To Drop off a Donation
The Book Cellar is located on the lower level of the library. We are located in the Roaring Spring Community Library (the former Eldon Inn) on the corner at 320 East Main Street. Note we are on a one way street on left corner in a three story brick building. To drop off a donation, please stop in the library. If making a large donation please contact the library (814)224-2994 and you will be directed to the lower parking lot.
Donations may be dropped off
- Monday and Tuesday 10am-7pm
- Wednesday and Thursday 10am-4pm
- We do not pick up donations.
- We ask that you do not leave donations on the porch or in the lower parking lot during inclement weather.
All donations are tax deductible. The Friends of RSCL is a 501 (c)3, nonprofit organization. We are happy to issue you a receipt listing the number of items you have donated. We are unable to assess a dollar amount to your donated items.