The Roaring Spring Community Library is seeking a candidate(s) for an I.T. Internship. The selected candidate(s) will be responsible for all I.T. activities pertaining to the success and function of the library.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Meet with Library Director on a daily basis to discuss I.T. strategy and what is working, what can be improved, and how to improve
- Research and Implement a hot desking policy under the supervision of the Library Director
- Troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, servers, network related or attached systems.
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
- Setup and troubleshooting of print servers and queues.
- Assists with upgrade implementations, application support, and network infrastructure expansions
- Other ad hoc projects
- Junior or Senior in College working on a B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Must thrive in a non-profit environment; experience working with non-profits recommended but not required
- Experience with Windows 7, 10 and iOS required
- Knowledge of Google Drive required
- Basic experience with Windows Active Directory LAN administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project strongly preferred, but not required
- Hours are flexible upon your schedule. The work days will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with the occasional weekend day required. Depending on internship requirements, working remotely may be possible.
- This internship is an unpaid internship. However, the selected candidate will receive college credit towards their academic program upon successful completion of internship.
- CANDIDATE(S) MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN CLEARANCES PRIOR TO START