The Roaring Spring Community Library is seeking a candidate for Library Studies internship. The selected candidate will be responsible for all administrative activities pertaining to the success and function of the library.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Meet with Library Director on a daily basis to discuss responsibilities and projects needed to be done for the day
- Work the circulation desk in the processing of materials to be checked in or out of the library
- Replace worn out library cards
- Accurately put away library materials in their proper location following the rules of the Dewey Decimal System
- Other ad hoc projects
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates preferred
- 1-2 years of customer service experience required
- Must thrive in a non-profit environment; experience working with non-profits recommended but not required
- Must have experience using Google Drive
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 10, and iOS required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Hours are flexible upon your schedule. The work days will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, with the occasional weekend day required.
- This internship is an unpaid internship. However, the selected candidate will receive college credit towards their academic program upon successful completion of internship.
- CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN CLEARANCES PRIOR TO START